filing for canadian citizenship

benkin doron

yesterday I was contacted by a proicc representative regarding my interest in relocating with my family to Canada.After about an hour I handed him my credit card info charging me 580 dollars.I would like to know if anyone heard or had any experience with this firm from Canada?Their web site is www.proicc.com,Professional Immigration Consultants of Canada.Are they real?or was I scammed?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
What did you pay for? When I read their services it sounds like they are only promising to submit your application to an RCIC, and that they don't actually employ any (as far as I can tell). I don't want to worry you, but so far it looks like a scam.

benkin doron

supposedly they did some kind of an eligibility assesment and then claimed high rate of success within 6-10 months because of my "profile".when i researched this firm a bit deeper i discovered that they exist 6 months and so far no one is writing nothing bad about these guys.and 580 dollars is not cheap to pay someone just to hand in my papers...anyone knows more?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It sure seems like you paid for not much of anything. Sorry about that.

In the future, you want to see that they work with a lawyer who is a member of a provincial law society, or an RCIC with a number you can look up to see if they are active.

Or you can just submit your application yourself, using the information at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship.html or the free information on sites such as ours.