Filling Work History in Express Entry Profile

Simiarora1220

Hello Team

I have a query around the Work history. I have 12+ years of experience. 9 years in one organization but holding different roles in different teams. Then moved to another organization and been here for the last 3 years.
My query is:
1) What is the suggested number of years of experience which I should fill up in the work history?
2) I may get a reference letter from the first organization but the NOC will not be the same for different roles and the role description might not be mentioned explicitly for all 4 teams - so what should I do for that?
3) Will adding more experience enhance my chances of getting into the pool quicker?
4) Under Primary occupation, what year/month needs to be mentioned --
It is stated in the form that If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
So what should go in there -- the experience for which I will be getting the reference letter from the organization or the day when I started working actually after my Bachelor's degree. The NOCs' are different for my last 12 years - So please help me address my confusion.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let's try to answer your questions:
  1. I believe you need to put all the work history you want credit for, but I could be wrong about that.
  2. I'm sorry to say I don't know the exact answer. I think an RCIC would be better able to tell you. I suspect that a written explanation as to how you have moved through the company would suffice.
  3. It will gain you more points: https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entrys-comprehensive-rating-system
  4. Your first day of working for the experience you will be including in the application, I should think.
Keep in mind I am just the admin of this forum and have never submitted an application for PR.