Financial Requinments

paulm

I am sponsoring my wife under family category to canada, and I am a Canadiian citizen. I understand that I do not need to meet any financial income requinments as we are married. Is that correct and does that include not need to complete forms imm5481 or form 1283?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You are correct, you do not need to to meet a minimum income.
However you do need to complete IMM 5481 as far as I know. IMM 1283 is for sponsoring dependent children with grandkids, to the best of my knowledge.

Hope this helps.

paulm

Thanks Riley... as i Understand it, I need only complete: Checklist, 1344, 5481 and 5540..

My wife has completed all of her forms already (of course) so I have to "get with it" although governement forms cause me brain cramps.

So, my wife will send her forms to me (we have jointly signed where required) and I will review, review and then review again

My question is that is there a preferred "packaging style" the governemt likes to your knowledge? A lose pile or files doesn't seem to present well to me :)

:D

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Paul,
I would suggest creating a table of contents for the front of your package. Put everything in an order that makes sense to you and then write out a list (with "page numbers" if possible") and put it on the very front of the group of forms so the officer can use it as reference.

Riley