FSTW pR applicants?

MariaBell

How long have you been waiting for the approval? Just wanted to find out if there is anyone with the same case as me. 7 months waiting and counting.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You're waiting for an ITA or are you waiting for approval for your application?

For ITAs: there were no FST or FSW draws during the first 4 ish months of the pandemic but they have resumed.

As for actual applications: offices have been closed. Everyone was working from home and most probably still are. I've seen some people estimating an additional year or so for processing, but it depends upon the application and, also, how long the restrictions last.

MariaBell

You're waiting for an ITA or are you waiting for approval for your application?

For ITAs: there were no FST or FSW draws during the first 4 ish months of the pandemic but they have resumed.

As for actual applications: offices have been closed. Everyone was working from home and most probably still are. I've seen some people estimating an additional year or so for processing, but it depends upon the application and, also, how long the restrictions last.

I am waiting for approval for my application. I was invited in October of 2019.

Thank you!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So you should have received a decision by April. But the offices closed sometime in March, which is when the State of Emergency was declared in most provinces here. This office is in Nova Scotia so, off the top of my head, I don't know when they started working from home. The other thing is that these applications are sent to the visa office responsible for the country where you live to verify your local documentation. And I have no idea what's happening with that office.