Hello Neighbors

AYanker

Hi,

I am an American who wants to move to Canada. I have done my research and gotten that process started. My timeline for a move is two years from the time of application. Why not just apply when you're prepared to move, you may ask? I am worried the nationalist & xenophobic powers that be in the world may also seize some power in Canada by that time, making the immigration process more restrictive. Therefore, I want to apply now while the conditions are favorable.

I am single now, but I am increasingly considering marrying and starting a family. If I were to do so, what would be the rules bringing them to Canada (assuming I would have permanent resident status by then)?

Pandith

If You Have Successfuly Obtained Canada PR. After Working For 2 years from then You Can Sponsor Your Wife to Immigrate to Canada.

Pandith

I Was Trying to Mention that You Can sponsor your parents and grandparents only after you have settled in Canada and lived there for a considerable period.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
There's no restriction on spousal sponsorship that I'm aware of. As to whether or not there is such a thing for parents/grandparents, got a link?