Help please..work permit to study permit change

Anahatd

Hi
I was on lmia based work permit (expiring date sept 2021) but i recently applied for study permit to study a course which i believe will enhance my future prospectives. I got my study permit on 4th may issued on 29 april.my classes are starting from 1st june.
My questions are
1. Do I need to update any informations like sin no. Bc msp
2. I sent my damaged indian passport for renewal. It has visitor visa till 2022. Do i need to sent for another entry stamp so that i can trevel safely in future.
3. My study permit has old passport no. can i ask for replacement when i get new passport or it will work keeping both passports.
Lasly i was laid off because of covid 19 and getting ei. Payments. Should i stop it and send back any payment i got after issuing of study permit..
It would be really helpful if you please answer any of these questions.
Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, let me try to answer your questions:
  1. Sorry, there are too many acronyms here. Your SIN? I don't think that needs to be updated just because you switched from worker to student. It still should be a temporary one.
  2. You need your passport back, even once it is cancelled, if you want to travel outside of Canada during your study permit validity.
  3. Keeping both passports works.
  4. I have no idea of the answer to this question but it's a good question. I'm not sure how much information there is out there about this simply because this is a very unique situation. If you qualified to get the CERB then there's no reason to send it back, as far as I can tell. This is more of a question for a tax accountant than for an immigration forum.
Hope this helps.