Home Support Worker pilot program

Biggyboy35058

Hello; I have a question regarding "acceptable" ability to perform the job, for a foreign national with no work experience.. There seems to be no real specifics on "ability to do the work" as detailed in NOC4412. In my specific case, the foreign national has several years work experience in their home country, working for an Airline as a Customer Service Rep. part of their duties was assisting physically & mentally challenged, elderly passengers & children ; ie: assisting persons with limited mobility etc, on and off aircraft, in and out of seats, in and out of terminals.. Additionally, for several years this individual lived with & cared for an elderly family member with mobility issues and care needs, and was responsible for their general care. So in your opinion, would this kind of experience likely satisfy an Immigration Officer, in the point of "ability to do the job"? The employer is disabled, but requires some assistance with mobility only, and companionship. It seems difficult to find anything that gives some degree of clarification on this...a problem, considering the amount of funds that could be wasted on an extensive application that could end up being refused.. Any input is appreciated..

Biggyboy35058

Additionally, I cannot find anything anywhere, that gives even a remote idea of the timeframe imm canada takes to process a first time applicant for the home support worker pilot program.. in other words/plain language - for the foreign national first time applicant, time from submitting online application until once approved, receiving a limited open work permit (I am assuming is the first step)...any ideas would help! thanks

canadageorge

Administrator
Full disclosure- I have very little experience with this application.

What IRCC is looking for:
- (example) a certificate or a degree - nursing, or training with disabled or elderly.
- yes, work experience is good, but it needs to come from the previous employer - (example), a letter or training certificates.

It sounds to me your friend fell into this line of work.

Biggyboy35058

thank you for the input... i can see the picture..now for the 64000.00 Question: The candidate goes to a ton of trouble and cost to get everything together, submits applications (work permits, perm. res. fees) etc etc.. and all the multiple fees, then gets refused...does the person get any of those fees etc. refunded by immigration canada? thanks in advance

canadageorge

Administrator
no refunds, it's a monopoly. I would look for an immigration program that is more black and white in it's requirements. Alternatively you can speak to big retirement homes that may have some experience in hiring foreigners and dealing with immigration.