How can a Canadian sponsor her Egyptian boyfriend?? Please Help!

modyhasan

My boyfriend is an Egyptian citizen, and he wants to come to Canada.
-What is the sponsorship processes?
-I'm going to live with him for one to 2 years ( 2 years if he goes the army ) if i send the sponsorship application before i leave will the application expire?
-Is it all online or we will have to do things in person?
-if the application is approved will we have to go there immediately ( in case he went to the army )?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You can learn about the sponsorship process here: https://www.immigroup.com/family-class-sponsorship-canada

I'm not sure I understand your second question. Are you going to live with him in Egypt? If so, you'll want to go back to Canada before you submit the sponsorship application, because submitting a sponsorship application from abroad adds an additional burden of proof: proving you are settling in Canada, which is difficult.

Applications are still submitted by mail at the moment.

You really should be in Canada when you submit the application.

Hope this helps.

modyhasan

-She is gonna apply when she's there and then come while the papers are being processed is it gonna be possible that the papers can be approved when she's here??
-And if the papers are approved and i went to the army for 1 year is it gonna be expired or will be still on??

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As long as she is physically residing in Canada when she submits the application, it should be fine if she visits you during the process. But you need to be married in this case.

You will be given a certain amount of time to travel to Canada, usually six months from the date you got your medical exam. Presumably you could land, get your PR Card and return home to finish your military service. But you should know that it's entirely possible that you could be deemed "inadmissible" to Canada due to your service in another country's armed forces. (I have no idea if this would be the case or not, but it's worth mentioning.)