How to get an Open work permit

VanessaF

Hi,
I didn't apply for a work permit when I put in my application, so I am trying to do it now. When I go to CIC's website I can't seem to find a way to apply. It keeps asking me to do a questionnaire that says my partner is eligible through family class sponsorship (obviously I've already done that part).
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
If you have your Acknowledgement of Receipt, or your file number, you can submit either online or by mail, it doesn't matter.

VanessaF

Ive tried doing an online application through "MyCIC" but it takes me through a questionnaire that says I am eligible through the family sponsorship program to get an open work permit, but doesn't let me do anything past that.
Do you have the link for the mail in form? I'm having trouble finding it.

VanessaF

Thanks.
I tried applying online through the link you had given me earlier, and it still gives me the questionnaire that doesn't continue onto the application for the work permit. It just gives me a "personal checklist" of all the things I need for family sponsorship.

As for the paper application, it says for outside Canada. Can I use it even though I'm applying from within?