Riley Haas

Staff member
Hi Rakesh,
Lawyers have gone to law school, have passed a provincial or territorial bar exam and have articled. They are free to work in any area of law. They are usually very expensive.
Consultants have attended college, have passed national exams, and are required to attend yearly professional development courses. They are only allowed to provide legal services regarding immigration.
Only lawyers, ICCCR-registered ( immigration consultants, and paralegals (and notaries in Quebec) are allowed to provide immigration services in Canada.
Does that answer your question?