I made a unintentional mistake when submitting my PR application

Darius

Somebody help, expert help!!!
I got my PNP in 2020 February through an entrepreneur plan.
I submitted my pr application in 2020 March, the PR application is for my family including me, my wife, and my younger daughter. My son is over 25 and has a common-law partner, they have applied on their own in 2020 Nov.
Here is my situation,
My son just realized the mistake but my agency hasn't yet
We include my son as my non-accompanying dependent, we filled imm5669 for my son. Now, we've clearly misunderstood the dependent meaning. He and his partner register the common-law in 2019 July. So I clearly made an unintentional mistake in my application. My son and his partner's application should be all accurate. Our two applications both are in process still.
I don't know what to do right now, I am very panicked now. I somehow feel sorry for my family and my son and his partner. I don't need my son to help me get pr, he doesn't add any points to my application, and my son doesn't get pr in my application. I only apply for me, my wife, and my daughter. And in the end page of the nomination letter, Appendix-family members included are my wife, my daughter, and me. My son was not even included on the last page of the nomination letter.
The PNP entrepreneur plan cost me so much energy, money, and time, and I can't start over again. I need some expert advice.
1. What can I do right now? What should I let my agency do?
2. How to explain this to CIC? will they understand this mistake. And Can I just let CIC ignore the imm5669 document for my son?
3. Is it too late to identify this mistake? It's June 2021 now. but we really just realized that mistake yesterday.
4. Will my son and his partner's application be affected by my mistake? Will CIC will refuse my son and his partner's application because of this mistake in my application?
I don't want to screw their application because I don't want them to hate me. their application is accurate, they clearly stated they are common-law with the certificate and some supporting documents. As I know they are on the last step security check.
5. How to save my application? I already waited over a year

Please kindly read it and provide advice. Much appreciate it!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let me try to answer your questions:
1. What can I do right now? What should I let my agency do? You can inform IRCC of the mistake in writing, saying he was included by accident. You can also withdraw your application and re-submit though I don't know how this works with ITAs. What agency are you using? Are they legally allowed to represent you in Canada?
2. How to explain this to CIC? will they understand this mistake. And Can I just let CIC ignore the imm5669 document for my son? As I said, you have two choices: inform them in writing asking them to ignore your son in the application (and perhaps submitting corrected documents) or withdraw and re-submit.
3. Is it too late to identify this mistake? It's June 2021 now. but we really just realized that mistake yesterday. Well, due to the pandemic, it's probably not too late.
4. Will my son and his partner's application be affected by my mistake? Will CIC will refuse my son and his partner's application because of this mistake in my application? It's always possible but I don't think it's likely if they otherwise qualify, unlikely if you inform IRCC of the mistake and especially if you withdraw (then there would be no issue).
I don't want to screw their application because I don't want them to hate me. their application is accurate, they clearly stated they are common-law with the certificate and some supporting documents. As I know they are on the last step security check.
5. How to save my application? I already waited over a year You really only have those two choices. What does your consultant/lawyer say?