I want to apply for a british passport through my father i was born 1982 and my parents were never married

simoneharper

hi my name is Simone Harper,
my father is a British citizen, Kenneth Harper, born in Ireland and holder of a British Passport and my grandmother June Harper, also has a British passport born in Scotland.

I am 36 years old born in Trinidad and Tobago, on September 14th 1982.

Can I apply for a passport now that the rules have changed since my parents were common law for 24 years and were together at the time of my birth and many years after.

please let me know if I am eligible, the videos and site seem a bit ambiguous about my particular situation ( never married and born before 1983 to a British father)

Thanking you in advance for assistance you can give
Simone Harper

Really hoping I could finally become a British citizen and have my passport .

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Was your father born in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland? I.e. did he inherit his citizenship or did he get it through being born in the UK?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
In that case you can apply to Register as a British citizen; you will need your birth certificate showing your father's name, as well as his birth certificate.

simoneharper

In that case you can apply to Register as a British citizen; you will need your birth certificate showing your father's name, as well as his birth certificate.

Thank you so much for your assistance will do and what form should I use to apply ? I’m not seeing a special form for a British father who was never married