I'm a Canadian Citizen, he's a permanent resident - do I need to sponsor him if we want to get married?


New Member

If I'm looking to marry a Canadian Permanent Resident (I myself am a Canadian Citizen), do I need to fill out a sponsorship application? Would I be financially responsible for this person for 3 years if he's already attained his PR status?

I know that you need to sponsor someone to get them to Canada, or if they're a student, etc, but what if they're already a PR?