Implied status and young professionals

DFT

Hello all!

I am from Ireland and my i.e.c expires on the 7th of june and my p.r score will be 444 when the results of my world education equivalency test come back on the 30th of this month.

Problem is the next round of invites is usually around the 11th or 9th of june so i will miss it by a few days :(

So i was talking to a few of my friends and they said to apply for the b.o.w.p by mail as this takes 4 months to process and in that time i will have implied status and be able to continue at the job ive had for the last 19 months in the rockies.

I am also eligible to apply for the young professionals visa and a few of my friends have recommended me to apply for this as well but i am confused as to why i should and not just get implied status and wait for my i.t.a for p.r.

One final subject is that i would like to go on holiday with my girlfriend from the 31st of may till the 6th of june as i have not had a vacation in the 2 years ive been here ! and understand that once you get implied status you cannot leave the country.

Would this put my implied status in jeopardy ? and should i send my b.o.w.p application when i return on the 6th of june like my friends advise me to do as late as possible or could i send it away before i leave for vacation.

I would appreciate any advice you kind folk could throw my way its quite hard to make sense of all this p.r nonsense ! :)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Young Professionals is part of IEC, so if you still have IEC eligibility, you can apply again (provided it's currently open) but if you used up all your IEC eligibility already, you cannot apply for Young Professionals and will have to apply for a regular work permit.

If you have implied status, you may not be able to leave the country, because you will have no status document to return. However, you could flagpole, which should involve leaving the country: https://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

Hopefully this helps.