ITA Question for CEC draw 5/31/21

SSCA2021

Hi guys!

Has anyone received their ITA for the most recent CEC express entry draw that occurred on 5/31. My score is well above the minimum CRS and I met al the criteria, however I haven’t received an ITA email yet. Through my research it appears the invitations come through within 24 hours so I wanted to check if others are facing a similar issue. Appreciate the help.

Thanks!

SSCA2021

Thank you for your prompt response. I qualified for FSW. I didn’t realize this was just for CEC. Do you happen to know when the next draw specifically for FSW would be?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Right now you're looking at June 21 for an opening of the border, so maybe IRCC waits until that happens before they start more FSW draws.

SSCA2021

Hi @Riley Haas— I have quick question about the CRS score. I submitted my application on May24, 2021 and had a score of 482 and just noticed today that the system recalculated my score as July was my birthday month so with the increase in age it dropped my score to 476. I was under the impression that the CRS points at the time of submission are static until the profile expires in a year. Ideally my score shouldn’t have changed since my birthday came after submission of my application. Can you provide more insight? Was there update to this rule recently? Thanks for the help!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I was under that impression as well but it's possible things have changed. It's definitely true that your score is what it is at the time you submit your application but perhaps its not true for the profile itself and I'm mistaken. Honestly, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Still, 476 with a good NOC code should be good enough when the FSW draws return. The last FSW draws were almost all below 476. (All of this assumes you qualify for FSW, of course.)

SSCA2021

I was under that impression as well but it's possible things have changed. It's definitely true that your score is what it is at the time you submit your application but perhaps its not true for the profile itself and I'm mistaken. Honestly, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Still, 476 with a good NOC code should be good enough when the FSW draws return. The last FSW draws were almost all below 476. (All of this assumes you qualify for FSW, of course.)
Thanks, this is reassuring but I am definitely disappointed with the whole process. The primary reason for rushing the application prior to my birth month was to secure a higher CRS but it doesn’t look like it matters. Moreover, because IRCC is not conducting any FSW draws from past 6 months, the candidate’s profile should not suffer for it. Sigh!

SSCA2021

Hey @Riley Haas! Quick question, the new guidelines about proof of settlement funds for express entry for FSW class that pertains to the application ‘family’ section where we mention how many members of the family (including yourself) will be immigrating and then how much funds in Canadian dollars would you bring with you, correct? That needs to updated by 7/15/21. In the application stage, we are not required to provide the supporting document just the amount that meets the criteria is what is being requested? Please clarify?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay. You needed to update the numbers in your profile by the 15th. You don't have to prove anything until you receive an ITA.

SSCA2021

Hi @Riley Haas! I came across the new article https://www.cicnews.com/2021/07/ont...others-in-new-pnp-draw-0718748.html#gs.7knlua This was a recent ONIP draw. I met the criteria for express entry, NOC and CRS but I still didn’t get notification of interest from this program. In my application, I have Ontario selected as one of the provinces I would like my profile to be share. Is there any additional steps/actions I need to take to be eligible for ONIP? I was looking into creating an express of interest (EOI) profile but it requires you to add the date for notification of interest which I don’t think I received. Can you provide some more insight into this process? Thanks in advance!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have at least one year of work experience in one of these NOCs?
  • NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
  • NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
  • NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
  • NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
  • NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
  • NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
  • NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
  • NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
  • NOC 0711 – Construction managers
  • NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
  • NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
  • NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
  • NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
  • NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
  • NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
  • NOC 3231 – Opticians
  • NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
If you do, and you still weren't invited, it could because there's some kind of internal (i.e. not public) CRS cut-off for each of these NOCs that is sometimes higher than the lowest scored. For example, it's possible that the cut-off for 3222 is lower than the cut-off for 0601. Make sense?