Job Requirements

Harshita09

Hello everyone. I have completed by ECA evaluation and my IELTS. I was working with a nationalised bank for 2 months from July 2013 to June 2015. After that I was working with a rice manufacturing company for 6 months. Presently i am employed with an investment advisor. Will my work ex be considered valid? What all documents will be needed for express entry regarding job experience.?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So the issue, as I understand it, is not so much your work's validity (provided the work was legal and you can show that) but whether or not it fits your education. In order to get points of the experience, it needs to roughly match you education, I believe.

So the issue, as I understand it, is not so much your work's validity (provided the work was legal and you can show that) but whether or not it fits your education. In order to get points of the experience, it needs to roughly match you education, I believe.
Yes, the statement reads experience in the relevant field.
Which means work experience is only counted in the field you are applying for, even if doesn't match your educational qualifications. A minimum of 2+ or thereabouts is mandatory.