Jus soli- PR- and children


New Member
I am a British citizen, I had formerly been a sponsored spouse by now ex-partner and mother (Canadian)to my one-year-old son.
Sponsorship of me was withdrawn by her and I am now a temporary worker with limited time to stay in Canada.
Am I not right to believe that my son should go back to England with me, even though he is now a Canadian passport holder?
Other than making a Humanitarian and compassionate application for PR, what are my options? Thank you

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
So you should speak to a lawyer about the custody issue, and see if you can find someone who has dealt with other cases where one parent is British and the other Canadian.

As to the immigration matter, it depends upon what you do for a living, as to what your options are.