Language for supporting documents


New Member
Hello everyone. We are trying to applying for a TRV for my boyfriend from Bolivia. If applying in paper through the local VAC office we are able to submit supporting documents in Spanish. Can we submit supporting documents (letters from family members) in Spanish if we are applying online? Thanks for the help.

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
Hi there,
We're not sure. If the visa application is being processed at the visa office responsible for Bolivia, and the VAC says they accept Spanish documents, then you should be okay.
But if the application is being processed elsewhere (say, at the processing centre in Ottawa, which handles some visa applications), you may have to provide English or French versions.
Sorry we can't be more helpful.