Lima plus a job offer

Shehab

Hello IMM group,
I have got a LIMA plus a job offer. Basically, I am working as a physical therapist and I had the qualified exam to be a licensed physical therapist in Canada and I passed. I submitted my application on the 21th of Feb, 2021, and I have not received any update yet. For more information, I have a rejected visitor visa in 2019, and I don’t know how much it could affect my application. Furthermore, when I checked the processing time of a work permit in Saudi Arabia, I found it 6 weeks and i am beyond this time by almost 2 weeks, in addition, there is no updates except for eligibility, as I got a message that they are checking my eligibility.
Is this latency normal? Is there anything I can do?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is that everything is extraordinarily slow right now due to the pandemic. I don't have a better explanation than that.

If you're currently in Canada you can call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 to see if you can get any more information. If you can actually get through, all they're going to tell you is that it's still in progress, but that might be reassuring.