LIMA +

anillalwani

Does getting a LIMA + job means you can get the PR, straight, without having to go through the process of work permit first?

Is there any other way where if you get LIMA + job you don't have to give ECA and IELTs and you can get PR for sure. I mean is there any other way than the EE system through which you get a PR for Canada?

Isn't LIMA+ job offer specific to that province and that profile?

Isn't that a LIMA + job is guaranteed for a year at least.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It depends upon the job offer. If the job offer qualifies for whichever PR program you are eligible for (CEC, FST, FSW or a PNP) then the answer to your question is "yes". But if you don't qualify for one of those programs, the job offer with an LMIA should only get you a work permit.

You don't necessarily need an ECA or IELTS for a job offer from a Canadian employer. That's up to the employer.

There are only so many ways you can get PR in Canada: as a skilled (or semi-skilled) worker through Express Entry/PNP, sponsored by a family member (normally a spouse) or as a refugee. That's it.

anillalwani

Very informative. Thanks . I asked this question for someone is assuring a job offer and a PR without having to give IELTS , WES and even an EE route

sanjeev123

Hi, Thanks for the information, I have two questions sir, i have a job offer with LMIA, my son is 16 years of age , can i take him with me as dependent ? second question is if my son reached to 18 at the time of applying for PR after LMIA, would he be eligible for PR application with me. please reply.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can bring your son with you as a dependent. I believe you can apply for a study permit for him as well.

Your son is a dependent for immigration purposes until he turns 22.