Manitoba PNP

aussie

Hi,
I am working in Manitoba from last 5 months as a retail supervisor. I am here on international experience Canada (holiday maker) open work permit. For the following : (Manitoba Demand: Ongoing employment with Manitoba employer for 6 months or more with long-term job offer from same employer) does my employer need LMIA or open work permit is fine.
my work permit expires in august 2020.
my employer is ready to write me an job offer on company letter head with indefinite term.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes, okay. I see what you mean. You meet the bottom criterion but not the top so I guess that means you need an LMIA. I'd call IRCC to confirm or speak to a consultant or lawyer to be safe.

aussie

One more thing, i was going through the CIC website. I have read somewhere that express entry and PNP are two different ways to get permanent residency so i might not need an LMIA but again i'm not sure. If you get any new info on this please keep me posted. Thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That is definitely a question for a consultant I'm sorry to say.

Express Entry is just the system by which the government handles the applications for "economic immigration." The programs are Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class, Provincial Nomination.

Hi Riley Haas,

I am a Canadian PR and I recently got married. Both me and my wife did our Masters in Singapore and currently working in Singapore. I am planning to relocate to Canada by mid 2019. Since the spousal sponsorship will take 10-12 months for processing, we thought of applying PR for my wife independently through express entry.

Her CRS score is 414 and we have already created an express entry profile for her. Based on the current trend, we can’t expect ITA with this score. So, we were looking for provincial nomination. Any idea when we can expect a nomination through OINP Human Capital Priority Stream?

Thanks,
Sri

Lateef

I received a Letter of Advice to Apply for Manitoba PNP. When i was submitting expression of interest, i put 25,000 Canadian dollars under amount of liquid, transferable settlement funds available to you. I got to know i needed just minimum of only 20,000 CAD.
I want to confirm if i will not be denied if i fill 20,000 CAD when submitting my full application.

dfret54e3e

Hi,
I am working in Manitoba from last 5 months as a retail supervisor. I am here on international experience Canada (holiday maker) open work permit. For the following : (Manitoba Demand: Ongoing employment with Manitoba employer for 6 months or more with long-term job offer from same employer) does my employer need LMIA or open work permit is fine.
my work permit expires in august 2020.
my employer is ready to write me an job offer on company letter head with indefinite term.

aqkhan76

Hi,
I have around 20- years experience of Industrial Mechanic. Please advise, should I upload my EOI under NOC-7311 in MPNP.
Moreover I don't have any kind of connection with Manitoba. Can I be offered a letter of Invitation under Strategic Recruitment without exploratoy visit.
If No, how can I get exploratory visit.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, in essence an exploratory visit is just a trip to Manitoba. Personally I'm not familiar with it outside of the context of business immigration, so can you post the link where you saw it? If you need one, you just need to get a visitor visa and travel to Manitoba for a week or so.

Manitoba is a province that often recruits workers overseas, i.e. they travel to different countries and hold job/immigration fairs. So they definitely consider people who've never been to Manitoba before, however it is likely about what occupations are really in demand. Sorry I cannot be more specific.