Marriage Documents

Riley Haas

Staff member
Hi Justin,
The provinces and territories of Canada grant marriage certificates and to get one of those you need to provide:
  • date of the marriage
  • proof of your present marital status
  • ID
Depending on the location of the marriage, additional information may be required. If your bride is taking your name, she will have to get a name change as well.
Does that answer your question?