marriage to canadian while here on tourist visa


New Member
my filipina online girlfriend is being sponsored for a tourist visa by her grandmother who is here in canada. would she be able to marry me while here?

Riley Haas

Staff member
Yes, you can marry hear. And then you need to sponsor her so she can stay. It's called "Inland" sponsorship, and it takes longer than the alternative, "overseas sponsorship". So the good news is that she can then apply for a work permit, which could be approved in as little as 4-6 weeks.