Migrating to Canada with Parents

digitaldesi

Hello All,

Seeking advice from those already resident in Canada...

We are a family of 5 members (myself, wife, 7 year old son, 70+ year old parents) living in UAE for past 40 years and looking to migrate to Canada primarily for the benefits of Canadian Citizenship i.e., long term stability in jobs, economy, medical care, education, etc. compared to the UAE.

We do currently have quite a good life in Dubai with a good ICT job but looking for better future.
My current EE CRS score is 358, which may at best increase to 418 with improved IELTS score.
Hoping for a PNP nomination to give us any chance with EE.

If we are to be successful in getting PR, our intention is to move all together with my Parents.

Appreciate advice based on your experience:
  1. What are our options to be successful in PR and eventually Citizenship?
  2. Practicality of moving and living with Parents. If anyone has had any success with this and how?
Thanks in advance!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. With that score you will need a job offer from a Canadian employer, or a PNP nomination, as you say. You should look at the PNP programs for less popular/populous provinces to see if you can meet the requirements of any of them.
  2. You won't be able to bring your parents with you. Once you are a PR, you will have to options:
    1. Sponsor them: this is going to be extremely hard in 2021 because the 2020 sponsorship hasn't happened yet due to the pandemic. So there may be twice as many applicants in 2021, which will make it even harder. (5,000-10,000 applications accepted per year, usually.)
    2. The second option is a so-called "super visa" where your parents can "visit" you for an extended period (up to 10 years, with qualifications).
Sorry for the bad news.