My Spouse Sponsorship Refused what about my daughter?

manzoor

I am Canadian have three children two of them are Canadian Citizen, Living and working in Pakistan.I sponsored my wife including my seven years old daughter.Spouse sponsor refused by CIC London, but not heared any thing about my daughter,
Please any one can advise what happened with my daughter by CIC.
Regards

mb

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I am guessing (not 100% sure) that if your sponsorship application was refused for your wife, it would have been refused for your daughter, simply because she was the dependent in this case. So I believe one option would be to sponsor your child separately.

However, this is very touchy. I would suggest that you hire a consultant or lawyer for the appeal of your application.

manzoor

What are the chances of to win through appeal and regarding appeal i have few questions please

1-right now i am out of Canada what will the time period is for me to submit my notice of appeal while i am out of Canada.

2-in the notice of appeal there is option to choose lawyer ,my question is can i avail this option after submission of my notice of appeal after tick no on the notice of appeal form.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry, I have no idea what the chances are for an appeal. I don't know anything about your case and I am not an immigration consultant. Even if I was, I couldn't give you odds.

To answer your questions:
[list type=decimal]
[*]It should have indicated your time to appeal on the letter you were sent
[*]You can hire a lawyer or consultant at any point in the process. You just have to inform CIC (or the IRB) of that decision.
[/list]

manzoor

Thanku very much to keep me on board.
Please advise
perhaps as per law if i go for appeal i need that material from visa officer who refused sponsor application ,which will help me to prepare my appeal against his decision.
how i know about the reasons of refusal in details?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You can get (some of) that information through an Access to Information request. You should have been given some reason for refusal in the letter, but you can apply to see more details.

manzoor

how can i get (some of) that information through an Access to Information request.where i can apply to see more details?