Need a HELP!

elijah_87

Hello. I wished to immigrate to Canada, but I'm confused. I work as a tour guide in Egypt for a decade now. I've been working since 2009. I took the IELTS test with scores: Speaking: 7 / Reading: 5.5 / Writing: 5.5 / Listening: 6 .

I feel that my job is an obstacle to immigrate, as nobody needs a tour guide profession, despite the fact that I've heard that you can apply for immigration. In addition, I have a good bank statement to fund myself there. I'm still confused I don't know any appropriate program that accept my profession which comes in NOC level C, or EVEN accept my IELTS score as CLB 6 or 5 or whatever that is. I'm shocked. I really have the desire to immigrate and work in any profession, not necessarily a tour guide. Is that a compulsory condition to work in the same job in Canada? I don't why is that? I guess that I'm not qualified for the immigration thing. I got sick of that !! I quit !

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It's not compulsory to work in the same job. They use your work experience to evaluate how hard it would be for you to find work here.

Basically you need a job offer and then you can work here for a while and then apply for PR (provided you get a skilled job).

elijah_87

So you mean if I'm a tour guide and apply for a different job such as a baker and sent my C.V with my original job, am I going to be accepted? Cause I guess the chance is ZERO to accept someone not professional in this job with no experience. Besides, some professions don't have a written experience of full time work such as a farmer as we don't have farmers who can get experience certificate as a proof of years of expertise, for instance, for their works in farms. It's a simple job. There are some points I cannot completely understand them in the immigration rules.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So let's say you applied for jobs in the Canadian travel industry, say organizing trips to Egypt. And you got your work permit and worked here. And you were good at it and got promoted into some kind of management role. Then you could apply for PR.

elijah_87

Does the " Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot " need work experience "Certificate " I don't know how to get it? Our job nature as tour guides makes us deal with multiple companies and agencies. Besides, I don't know where to find job opportunities in the cities mentioned in that program. Nobody would write me experience certificate because our job without salary. It's by day paid, I mean that I work for instance 4 days a week, but not every week. The days lasts 11 hours.

elijah_87

I think the immigration thing won't work well for me. I wished that this Rural Program could be a helping hand to me. However, I could sense there are some obstacles impede me. First off, the program is obscure, as no more details where to apply for jobs in these cities mentioned in the list (five of them in ONTARIO). Second, my job and my services as a tour guide won't be needed, despite the fact that it's in NOC Level C which is included IN THE LIST of this program. Therefore I have a less chance.