No approval after 6 months

jchandiran

On Jan 11, 2019 I submitted my Express Entry application and received my AOR. Its been more than 6 months which is the processing time listed on the site and I have not yet received my approval. The last updates on my application were in Feb. Early Feb to confirm my medical was fine and late Feb where they confirmed that my biometrics was received. Is there a reason for a delay as my application is very straightforward with no complications? The only thing that changed was I changed my job and address within the US after AOR of which I informed them and they acknowledged receipt. Any recommendations from past experiences?

I've already raised a status request question with IRCC and also requested for GCMS notes - both pending response.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly there's nothing additional I can tell you except that I have heard a few people saying that IRCC is not meeting the 6 month processing time goal. You will know more when you get a response to your status request. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

suchandrat

Hi ,
I have applied for express entry -Canada PR and my AOR date is Feb 10 2019 and Biometrics done in April 4 2019 and since then my application is stuck in Review of eligibility and background check in progress for more than 6 months. I have moved out of USA on May 2019 as my visa expired and i have also updated the same via Web form. I have ordered so many GCMS notes and all are saying the same status as in IRCC website. I dont know how much more time will it take and why it is stuck. Please advise?

Nitin

Hi ,
I have applied for express entry -Canada PR and my AOR date is Feb 10 2019 and Biometrics done in April 4 2019 and since then my application is stuck in Review of eligibility and background check in progress for more than 6 months. I have moved out of USA on May 2019 as my visa expired and i have also updated the same via Web form. I have ordered so many GCMS notes and all are saying the same status as in IRCC website. I dont know how much more time will it take and why it is stuck. Please advise?
Hi, did you finally received the invite. Kindly let us know. - Nitin

Nitin

On Jan 11, 2019 I submitted my Express Entry application and received my AOR. Its been more than 6 months which is the processing time listed on the site and I have not yet received my approval. The last updates on my application were in Feb. Early Feb to confirm my medical was fine and late Feb where they confirmed that my biometrics was received. Is there a reason for a delay as my application is very straightforward with no complications? The only thing that changed was I changed my job and address within the US after AOR of which I informed them and they acknowledged receipt. Any recommendations from past experiences?

I've already raised a status request question with IRCC and also requested for GCMS notes - both pending response.
Hi, did you finally received the invite. Kindly let us know.

Nitin

Thanks for updating. Have you received GCMS notes. In how much time you get GCMS notes and how much do they charge for it. In case you have received, is the response satisfactory.
I wish you good luck. You will receive the invite soon.

suchandrat

Hi ,
I got my ppr mail today.it mentioned tosend my passport to Ottawa , canada as my PR was filed from USA. Now i moved back to india and also mentioned my updated indian address and phone number in web form.but the mail os suggesting that i need to send it to ottawa and return address has to be USA/canada .they also mentioned that i need to submit all these documents by 30 days.i have two options now to proceed but cannot decide which is correct:
1. My sister lives in boston and i can send all documents and passport to her and she can send to ottawa with her address in return label.but dont know if sending my passport to USA from india is legal and my sister's address in return label can cause an issue.
2. I fill up a web form asking CIC what to do and if i can submit my passport and documents in india? But given the fact that web form takes 2 weeks to 3 weeks to reply and my documents submission date is 30 days from today.
Please suggest what should i do.
Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. You can mail your passport. But I'd courier it or at least epxress mail. You need a tracking number as you don't want it getting lost.
  2. I suspect this will not be efficient and the answer you will likely get is not the one you want.

suchandrat

Thanks for your answer. But if i courier/ send through express mail my passport to Boston to my sister from India, will this be legal as i don't live in USA anymore. So sending my passport from India to USA wont be illegal via courier/express mail? and if my sister sends it to Ottawa center with her return label will it cause any issue as i already raised a web form to tell them 3 months back that i am in India and my address needs to be changed to Indian address or should i wait for the reply of the web form telling them i am in India and i need an Indian address to send my passport and other documents?