NYC-ICT application 2015

waiting2014

Hi ,
I applied for a Canada Work Permit (Intra company transfer) on December 8th, New York (online application).The website shows 4 months as processing time.But my friends who applied in October and November got their approval in 4-5 weeks. Now its almost 7 weeks.Can you please let me know how much time it is taking these days to get the work permit.

Thanks.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Processing time depends on the visa offce. If your friends didn't apply through the New York office then it makes sense they got theirs at a different time.
You can always contact the visa office by email, but know that if you contact them before 4 months have elapsed they will just tell you to wait out the four months and then contact them.

waiting2014

They applied through New York Consulate only.From my guess there is not much backlogs there.Even I contacted them.They gave a canned reply.So I dont have any idea why this delay in my case.Thanks

waiting2014

I have applied for my wife's open work permit along with mine.Do you think that could delay the processing?According to CIC the applications are reviewed in first come first serve basis.But i have seen in certain forums where people who applied later got their visa first.Any idea on this.Thanks.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, unfortunately it's definitely possible that the second work permit is delaying the application. It's not supposed to happen that way, as far as I know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sorry, there's not much else you can do aside from emailing them again but, as I said, since the processing time hasn't passed, it's hard to see you getting more than a form response again.

Sorry about that.

waiting2014

Hi,

My I-94 is expiring in March.So is it possible to stamp the visa from my homecountry after it is approved in New york Consulate if I have to return back before getting approval. Also within how many days should we submit passport for stamping?Thanks