Obtaining a Marriage License in PH

leah38

Hi there,

Sorry I am new to this forum thing and I am very desperate in knowing how to obtain a Marriage License in PH.
I have googled it and got some answers but I personally would like to ask through this forum of there is anyway that we can get the license through expidite?

I am currently in overseas and my bf is a seaman and we are both going to be overseas while we are going to process our church wedding.
I am planning to go home 2 weeks prior to our wedding and I am worried if will I have enough time to process the the whole thing and will it be done after 2 weeks
Our wedding is on December and also the holidays is bothering me as knowing our processing back home is too slow.

Cheers,
Leah

leah38

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this.

My only problem is really the time frame for applying and obtaining this as I am currently overseas.
Have you heard of anything like if there is a possibility that we can authorise someone e.g My Mother to apply on my behalf together with my Fianc??Specially for couples like us or overseas.
This would really save us time and less stress before the wedding.

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I have not heard of anything like that, though that certainly doesn't rule it out. However, with the history of Filipino mail-order brides, I would be somewhat surprised if the Philippines allowed for something like that. That is a question for someone in the Philippines, I think. (Or contact the Filipino Embassy nearest you.)