Online Forms - Fill, Print, Scan & Upload Form 5713 & 5645?

sooper

I have questions regarding online forms, especially regarding signing the online forms: Please guide

1. Is there any requirement to fill the forms in Capital Letters?

2. In form 5645 (Family Information Form), to fill the names of family members in native language--- shall I fill all the form in English, print it, and then write the names in native language by hand and then scan it to upload?

3. In form 5645 (Family Info Form) there is not option of validation, shall I take the printout of filled form and sign and then scan and upload it for online application.

4. Form 5713 (Family Representative Form), can’t be saved on computer after filling, so how it will be filled? Shall I take the print out of filled form, sign, scan and then upload?

5. The main application form 5257 have the option of validation but there is signature box also. Shall I take print out of this also, sign, scan and then upload?

Please guide which forms really needs to be signed by hand in online application

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I am just the webmaster and have never submitted an application but I will see if I can answer your questions:
  1. No, there is no requirement.
  2. You can definitely do that.
  3. Yes
  4. I believe so
  5. I believe you have to sign any form which has a signature box. However, I'm also heard that, in some cases, your profile is taken as your signature (in the case of the validated forms). If the form has both, I'm sorry to say I'm not sure what you should do. Personally, I would err on the side of doing more than they require - i.e. validating and signing. You could also try calling IRCC if you are in Canada (1-888-242-2100) or a VAC, if you are outside of Canada.