Parent Application Processing over a year.

ib007

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with regards to guiding me who to contact from my mom visa application that has been processing for over a year now. I am a Canadian Citizen and my mom has been visiting me and my sister in the US for over 10 years and I have renewed her Visa application twice before pre-covid times and have not had any problems. This time around since the covid outbreak, I waited and applied for her application in November of 2020 and it gave me a processing time of one year when I filed. The visa application office is in Pakistan. It's been over a year now and would like advice on who to contact to follow up on this application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canadageorge

Administrator
The truth is, it's a total disaster, the way the Canadian government is handling applications right now. The best advice I can give is be persistent in getting an update on your application. Speak to your local MP, send email request (once a week if you have to), send fax request for an update (here is a template letter here).

I am sorry to hear what is going on with the Canadian Embassy in Pakistan, again not surprised.