PGWP Application after travel restrictions

ronit1894

Hello all,

I am an MBA grad whose study permit is valid till 30th March, 2021. I had come to India for some emergency in December and was planning to go back on 15th March and apply for PGWP from Canada. I already have a job offer.

Now with the recent travel restrictions where you will have to pay $2000 for a 3 day quarantine. Therefore, was thinking to cancel my flight and postpone the travel.

My question is, now that I am in India, I want to apply for PGWP before my study permit expires. Should I apply for it stating that I am applying from "Within Canada"?, as my status in Canada is still 'Student'?
Or I need to apply for the PGWP as "from outside canada"? Is inside/outside concerned with geographic location or your current status in Canada?

If I apply as "Within Canada", i can get my work permit deliver in India through courier once approved.

Let me know what's the best way to apply for PGWP in my case.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As I said in the DM, you need to apply from outside of Canada, as it's your physical location which counts.

Geiv Leb

Hello, kindly contact IMMIGRATION lawyer, he is called Ahmad Junaid salik and he runs an immigration firm called EURO-IMMIGRATION PVT LTD, his contact+WhatsApp +1(204) 410-1894. He is good at broking down harsh immigration policies. Even without all requirements, I still made my P.R with him. He is a faithful Muslim and a good man. I guess he can be helpful to you as well in your case.