Pls help

ccgab

Hello Sir/Madam, Pls i need your help. my wife is sponsoring me and my kids are in Nigeria. Does she have to have certain amount of money in her Account to be able to sponsor me and my 4 kids in Nigeria? Am in Canada while my 4 kids are in Nigeria and my application is in progress and wanted to add my kids as accompanying me. i initially indicated they were not accompanying me because i wasn't sure if my wife need to meet any financial requirement.

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So she does not need a specific amount of money but she needs to show she can afford it. The amount of money is at the officer's discretion.

Did you submit a new application to show your children were accompanying?

ccgab

Not yet. Am scared. Are they going to ask us to prove from Bank Account or how? Assuming they say she does not have enough money in her Account will it affect my chance of becoming a permanent resident as at when due? I submitted my application since last year Aug and indicated my kids weren't accompanying me and now we are considering it that we want them accompany me. What will you advise? I have a job

ccgab

Yes legally working in Canada but my kids are in Nigeria and my are all below the ages of 18 and have no dependent of their own

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So if you are supporting both of you and that's clear then they likely don't require her to prove she can support you.

ccgab

What about my 4 kids that are not working? They are under 18 and currently in Nigeria? am i good to go please so that i can quickly submit the form?

ccgab

I was made to understand that if you are sponsorship is under family class where the dependent children have no dependent of their own that you are exempted and also am working and earning good.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't saying the LICO applies. I was suggesting you use it as a guide to figuring out how much money you should show you have. There is a financial requirement but it is unstated. I do not know the rates at which people are denied for not being able to afford sponsorship, but it happens. If you have a good job and show, as part of the application, that the two of you can afford this, there is nothing to worry about.