Possible ECA evaluation by WES for 5 years integrated MSc

The Hope

Guys, can u help me solve a dilemma?

What will WES evaluate my Master of Science degree in Computer Sciences as? I studied for 5 years straight. So I don't have a separate bachelor's. Will they take it as Masters? It's not an engineering degree

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough question because I don't know how common it is in Canada to get a Master's Degree without a Bachelor's degree. I know there are dual Bachelors degrees, where you get a Bachelor and a professional degree in the amount of time you'd normally get a Bachelor's, but I'm not sure if there's anything like that with a Master's. My uninformed guess is that it will be evaluated as a Bachelor's. You can ask them.

The Hope

That's a tough question because I don't know how common it is in Canada to get a Master's Degree without a Bachelor's degree. I know there are dual Bachelors degrees, where you get a Bachelor and a professional degree in the amount of time you'd normally get a Bachelor's, but I'm not sure if there's anything like that with a Master's. My uninformed guess is that it will be evaluated as a Bachelor's. You can ask them.
Well Riley... Its a combined 3 year bachelor and 2 year post graduate combined... its not that I am skipping bachelors. If you come across anything, will you post it here please?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were, more that I just don't know of equivalent programs in Canada so I'm not sure how these organizations would treat something like this.

Yes, if I find out anything I will let you know.

The Hope

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were, more that I just don't know of equivalent programs in Canada so I'm not sure how these organizations would treat something like this.

Yes, if I find out anything I will let you know.
Thanks Riley... Anyway applied for ECA through WES...only one way to find out...right?... Fingers crossed now!