PPR received - where to submit passport?

samsingh123

Hi Everyone,

I have received PPR on July 22nd. My situation:

- I am citizen of India. Therefore, I need to send my passport to IRCC.

- I presently reside in USA. However, I may have to move back to India in a week or two, depending on how my visa situation resolve here.

Therefore, I am very uncomfortable to send my passport to them from USA as I may have to travel soon, and if I travel using a travel certificate, I will not be in USA to collect my passport back. Should I request them to provide me instructions to submit passport in India? But, in case my visa in USA does get extended I will not move back to India, so in that case will I still be able to use the USA instructions to submit my passport?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I think you just have to pick a country. I doubt they will handle a request to send your passport to you in one country unless you inform them of another country. They may - I've never heard of this before - but it would depend entirely on how generous the person reviewing your file is feeling. I think it's far more likely that one of the requests is missed or ignored and the passport is sent to the wrong address.