PR application query

Rosey

My PR application is being processed and based on the tracker on CIC, I will not receive the decision until July 2020. My english exam result will expire in June and my work permit will expire in July. My questions are, do I need to redo my english exam even though it expired be a month before I receive my PR decision? Should I apply for an extension on my work permit as that will expire 2 days prior to me receiving my PR decision?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
It depends upon when they evaluate your English exam results. The best option here would probably be to call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 to see if they can tell you if you should take the test again. But you may just have to wait for them to ask, because the Call Centre staff often don't know much about your case.

If you don't apply for a work permit extension you won't be able to work for the days between its expiry and when you "land" but you can still stay in the country. It depends upon what you want to do.

Rosey

Hi,
It depends upon when they evaluate your English exam results. The best option here would probably be to call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 to see if they can tell you if you should take the test again. But you may just have to wait for them to ask, because the Call Centre staff often don't know much about your case.

If you don't apply for a work permit extension you won't be able to work for the days between its expiry and when you "land" but you can still stay in the country. It depends upon what you want to do.
Thank you