PR expired as a Minor

Tanvirchawla

Hi everyone,
My family had PR back in 2005 and I traveled to Canada back then (soft landing), got PR card that expired in 2010.
I haven’t been to Canada since. Didn’t revoke original PR status. Applied for PR (fresh application: FSW-O) in2019 and have been waiting since.
In November 2020, my application was cancelled without a reason given to me, and automatically recreated by IRCC with a new UCI number after a month.
What should I expect?
Is there anything I should do right now?
Any help here would be much appreciated,
Thank you!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I can understand why they cancelled your application, as you already had PR. However, I have no idea why they recreated it. That's weird. You might want to apply for your GCMS notes to see if there are any indications on what is going on with your file. You were ineligible to apply for PR since you had it already and it hadn't been revoked and you hadn't renounced it. So I don't know if they've revoked it or what.

Tanvirchawla

Thank you for your reply. What explains the new UCI assigned though?
They won’t eventually assign me the old UCI again, can they?
Also, applied for gcms notes in November.. havent received them yet. Applied again in Jan (on 29th) for the new application ID.. lets see when those are released.

has anybody ever possibly had a similar experience?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to say I have no idea what explains the UCI. The only thing I can think of is that they revoked your PR. But I thought that was a whole procedure that couldn't just happen.

You know what else it could be? I guess it's possible they think you are a different person with the same name and birth date. That's definitely a possibility, if not exactly probable.

Tanvirchawla

I'm sorry to say I have no idea what explains the UCI. The only thing I can think of is that they revoked your PR. But I thought that was a whole procedure that couldn't just happen.

You know what else it could be? I guess it's possible they think you are a different person with the same name and birth date. That's definitely a possibility, if not exactly probable.
In this case, where they think I’m a different person, wont they find out eventually when they see my address, name of parents and literally such a lot of other stuff?
I mean I’ve attached my passport history which shows travel to Canada on an older passport!
haha, letsjust seewhat happens. This is good enough to be a case study. Thank you so much for taking out the time to reply Sir. :)

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, I don't actually think they think you're a different person, I was just trying to come up with other explanations for the UCI.

There could be some other far less weird explanation. Maybe they use different UCIs for those who immigrate as kids and adults. Or the way UCIs are created has changed. I have no idea, unfortunately. But it is very, very weird.