PR Help

cochrane100

I moved to Canada from UK on visitor visa whilst awaiting approval from government for work permits. My father, sisters and brother all live in Canada. I lived here from 1 to 5 years old (now in forties) it has since transpired that I have PR status under my birth name and that their records show that under this name I never left Canada. My name changed after mother remarried in England. I am here with my children and can’t get them into school as no PR card and work permits refused due to PR status. Is there anything I can do to get PR Status renewed ?? Many Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You can apply for a PR Card provided you currently meet the residence requirement (lived here for 2 out of the last 5 years). One of two things will happen: they will approve it and then you can sponsor your children or your status will be investigated, which could lead to it eventually being revoked.

Your situation is unique. I would strongly suggest speaking to an RCIC or a lawyer for legal advice about how best to proceed.

cochrane100

Hi. Thanks for your response. I haven’t hit the residency target, if I apply can I appeal it etc do you know. If so would they give me a card during appeal etc ??