PR renewal application sent but don't know if received

Joanna

Hello,
I have sent the application to renew my mom's card over a month ago and when I check the "application status" it tells me that the application does not exit.

I have tried to call the Immigration but I am getting disconnected every time.
How long does it take for the application to start?

I sent the application Sept 3, 2021 so when will they start processing.
I know it is going to take around 140 days but I just want to confirm that the application has been received.
Thank you

Joanna

Hi
thank you for your answers.
So there is no way to check if it was received or not?
My mom RP card expires in April. She wants to go to Europe as her sister is not well. So, if she goes back and her card is expired while she is there and I already sent the app how can she come back to Canada?

canadageorge

Administrator
She need to file an application called Travel Document. You need application IMM 5524. But this application can only be filed outside of Canada at the nearest Canadian diplomatic mission (what every your country your mom is going to in Europe. Under Covid this is tricky because of most Embassies are not excepting walk-ins. Worth a try if she is going for at least 3 weeks.

Joanna

Hello again.
it has been more than 3 months now since I sent the documents.
I have tried to call them and I get disconnected. Also forums provides a general message if situation is not urgent.
Should I resend all the documents and send it by registered mail. (before I sent only by regular later, as I thought we have time).
Please help what to do.
Joanna

canadageorge

Administrator
You can resend it, it does not hurt at all. Tracking helps but IRCC will not use your tracking info to find your application. The mailroom in IRCC is a big black hole. I would pay $100 to see a photo of this place!

Here is what I would do:

1. File a new application but this time file for urgent reasons
2. Yes, keep tracking it's a lot better
3. Waite.........

Keep your eyes on the tracking times. Immigroup has data if times are getting better or worst, click here

DFImmigration

Call us Today!
Phone
416-827-8778
Web
https://dfimmigration.ca
Email
[email protected]
Did you use a courier to send it? If so you can see if they received it through that. Unless you get your AOR to say they have received it and give you an application number you will not be able to check on the portal. Was it an urgent process or regular?? Regular are taking 6months plus now.

Joanna

Hello again
So since Sept. 3rd I have not heard if they received my mom's application or not. My mom has to go back to Europe end of next month.
I really regret that I did not send the application through registered mail as at least I would have a confirmation that they received it. Now I don't know after 4 mths of waiting if they got it or not.
Here are my questions, if anyone can help as it's impossible to contact them.

Should I resend it by the registered email?
If they process the application when she is outside Canada, does she need to be here in order to pick up the card?
If she will be coming without a valid PR card - what do we need in order to enter Canada?
The country she is going to we don't need visa to enter Canada, can she enter Canada on her passport from the other country?

Thank you
Joanna

Joanna

Hi
no this was for renewal sent by regular mail.
It was not urgent, in Sept. we still had like 8 mths so I did not think was urgent.
So should I redo the photo and reprint the application and resend it by courier?
Can you see all my questions?
Please and thank you.
Joanna

canadageorge

Administrator
Hi
no this was for renewal sent by regular mail.
It was not urgent, in Sept. we still had like 8 mths so I did not think was urgent.
So should I redo the photo and reprint the application and resend it by courier?
Can you see all my questions?
Please and thank you.
Joanna

Here is what you can do:

- Resend the PR card application, but this time send it registered mail (with tracking) and put a request of urgency on it. It should take 2-3 month if the urgency is excepted.

- If your mom leaves without a PR card, she will need a Travel Document to get back (here is a step-by-step guide: https://www.immigroup.com/topics/do-it-yourself-permanent-resident-travel-document-prtd/)

- There is a good chance your mom will need to pick up the PR card at the local office, this mean she needs to be in Canada at the time.

- One loophole is when she is coming back to Canada, she lands in the US airport and drives across the US/Canada boarder. This way she does not need a PR card BUT her Record of Landing (IMM 1000).

Good luck.