PR Renewal - Problem with Address History/ World Travel

Mel

Hi there,

After receiving my PR in 2011 I traveled the word extensively 10/2011 to 05/2013.
I do not know how to list this in my address history. I changed places often on a daily basis, slept in tents or travel van in the middle of nowhere. I also don't recall all these hundreds of guest houses or the families where I stayed. How do I list this in my application form?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Mel

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good question.
The main thing Citizenship and Immigration Canada should be concerned about is how long you were outside of Canada, nothing more. However, in reality, they likely want to know where you were. I would suggest making as thorough a list as possible, but if you were in one country for a while and in many different places, maybe you could comment that you were traveling to many different places within that country? That's just my best guess and I wouldn't take my word for it. You might want to speak to a consultant or lawyer just to be safe.
(Just to let you know: if you do submit as complete a list as possible and CIC does not find it acceptable, they will ask you for more information, so you could always do that - provided you are willing to experience extreme delays in your application - and deal with the more thorough details when and if they demand them.)