PR request expired after long time

Hello, I need your help to clear up some doubts about the PR renewal!
I had received the CSQ (Québec) and after that I got Canadian PR in Sep/2006 and I didn't replace my PR card, so it expired 2011. As I thought I didn't fulfill the residency requirement, so I was sure I had expired (I returned to Brazil in 2009), but I never officially resigned from PR Canada.
After 7 years, in 2016, I applied for a visitor's visa (eTA) and had no problems entering Canada to travel.
I continued to live in Brazil until 2019, when I received a job offer and received a work visa, and again I had no problems entering Canada.
I have now completed 2 years in Canada and as I have never renounced permanent residency, I would like to know if I can apply to renew my PR?
If so, how should I fill in the renewal form, as I have already destroyed my old PR card and should I mention the period I lived in Brazil?

Thank you very much in advance.

canadageorge

Administrator
Because your PR application only asked about the last 5 years, you will not have to disclose any information beyond that point. The TRICK IS, make sure you have, not only met the residency requirements, but you are far above that number. Most people make this mistake and file because they meet the 730 days. Don't do this, add at least 4 to 5 months on to this timeline. If you can add an extra 10 to 12 months, this would be playing it safe. The alternative consequence is triggering a Residency Questionnaire (this will cost you a lot in legal fees). You can read more about this here.

Again, sounds to me, you have been very lucky up to this point. You're almost there, just be more patient.

Thank you very much for your warning.
One last question... I will need to report the PR card lost, will I have problems because I don't have the old PR card?