Proof of cohabitation/Advice and or help

Indomita

Hello

I've come across an uncertain and unfortunate situation and would much appreciate any advice on the matter.

A little background about me;
Came to Canada in January 2019 with a visitors visa and extended my visitor's permit until December 2019. Living with my partner at the moment all of that time.
I submitted my application for permanent residence under the common-law partner class in December 2019. Me being the subject of the sponsor. And therefore under an applied status until this very moment I'm writting this.

Long story short, my partner and I endend the relationship this August 2020 but decided to continue the application process (if possible). The process was keep moving and the requierments they asked so far were submitted. Medical exam, biometrics, etc.
I recently got this letter from IRCC that requires more proof of cohabitation in which they request and i quote:

..."These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies)."

I'm not able to provide any of this proof because i don't have the legal capacity to be elegible for the such. Due to my status.
She also recently received this e-mail that she met the requierements for elegibility as a sponsor. And we have to pay those fees.

I was about to withdraw my application and these updates made me rethink the situation.

I'm not sure if, even though we are no longer in a relationship, my process can keep moving forward and be elegible for approval.

Any point of view and advice would help.
Thank you.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You should withdraw your application. You should have done it when you broke up. Canada has penalties for misrepresentation on immigration applications. This means that, if you are caught misrepresenting yourself here, you might not be able to get PR at a future date.

Indomita

You should withdraw your application. You should have done it when you broke up. Canada has penalties for misrepresentation on immigration applications. This means that, if you are caught misrepresenting yourself here, you might not be able to get PR at a future date.
Thank you for your advice. :)