PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

chella99

To add further:

The entire processing timeframe for my case has now reached 27 months !! Is there any other serious issue like they would have lost or misplaced my file ?

Views are welcome please...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So I suspect that the Hamilton office remains physically closed and whatever policy they have for accessing physical documents (as opposed to electronic documents) is slow and cumbersome. But that's just a guess.

I know that other government offices are physically closed and you have to register and select a time slot to physically enter and get a look at physical documents. Each ministry likely has different rules about what documents can be taken home or scanned and uploaded to the servers. I have no idea how this process works with IRCC but it's entirely possible that your file is still just a physical file sitting at the office and the person responsible either hasn't gotten to it yet or can only get selective access to it. This is just a guess, of course, but this is the way things are going in other government departments.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ontario is introducing vaccine passports this month. It's possible that this will encourage organizations that have not yet mandated vaccination to go back to work to do so, which may possibly speed up processing (by allowing people back to work). This is just a guess, though.

"The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service. " From https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ederally-regulated-transportation-sector.html So it may happen by the end of the month for IRCC. I don't know for sure, though.

chella99

Thanks a lot Riley for this input.
Let's hope that this development really enables moving the files of mine and others in similar position !!