PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

chella99

To add further:

The entire processing timeframe for my case has now reached 27 months !! Is there any other serious issue like they would have lost or misplaced my file ?

Views are welcome please...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So I suspect that the Hamilton office remains physically closed and whatever policy they have for accessing physical documents (as opposed to electronic documents) is slow and cumbersome. But that's just a guess.

I know that other government offices are physically closed and you have to register and select a time slot to physically enter and get a look at physical documents. Each ministry likely has different rules about what documents can be taken home or scanned and uploaded to the servers. I have no idea how this process works with IRCC but it's entirely possible that your file is still just a physical file sitting at the office and the person responsible either hasn't gotten to it yet or can only get selective access to it. This is just a guess, of course, but this is the way things are going in other government departments.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ontario is introducing vaccine passports this month. It's possible that this will encourage organizations that have not yet mandated vaccination to go back to work to do so, which may possibly speed up processing (by allowing people back to work). This is just a guess, though.

"The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service. " From https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ederally-regulated-transportation-sector.html So it may happen by the end of the month for IRCC. I don't know for sure, though.

chella99

Thanks a lot Riley for this input.
Let's hope that this development really enables moving the files of mine and others in similar position !!

sheffa

Hello,

I applied while I was in Canada for pr renewal and since it took a lot of time I left Canada NOW my status is decision made [posted online since 3 weeks but no way to get in touch with them through web form(Afghan over load) a person mention that when he called cic he was informed that if he applied for PRTD while application already sent he has to REAPPLY for renewal again after he return with PRTD is this logic or true.
in my case if applied now to PRTD should I reapply for this LOOOONg process again when I return to Canada (even my Decision made online ) is this true? if yes how long should i prudently wait more before i apply for PRTD I am frustrated.
Please Advise
Thanks

Moon

Hello Shefa,

Online status of my PR renewal case is showing status “decision made” since October 2020 but nothing heard from CIC as yet. I had long expired PR card. Instead of applying for PRTD, I entered Canada through USA border in the first week of September. All went fine. But make sure while entering through land border, you should have valid COVID-19 test ( not older than 72 hours) and it should be conducted in USA. I had valid COVID test from other country, but they returned me to get it done from USA. I did urgent COVID test (report available within 30 minutes) in USA and it cost me USD175/- per family member.

thanks

sheffa

Hello Shefa,

Online status of my PR renewal case is showing status “decision made” since October 2020 but nothing heard from CIC as yet. I had long expired PR card. Instead of applying for PRTD, I entered Canada through USA border in the first week of September. All went fine. But make sure while entering through land border, you should have valid COVID-19 test ( not older than 72 hours) and it should be conducted in USA. I had valid COVID test from other country, but they returned me to get it done from USA. I did urgent COVID test (report available within 30 minutes) in USA and it cost me USD175/- per family member.

thanks
unfortunately I cant enter from US

I applied while I was in Canada for pr renewal and since it took a lot of time I left Canada NOW my status is decision made [posted online since 3 weeks but no way to get in touch with them through web form(Afghan over load) a person mention that when he called cic he was informed that if he applied for PRTD while application already sent he has to REAPPLY for renewal again after he return with PRTD is this logic or true.
in my case if applied now to PRTD should I reapply for this LOOOONg process again when I return to Canada (even my Decision made online ) is this true? if yes how long should i prudently wait more before i apply for PRTD I am frustrated.
Please Advise
Thanks
Yes, that's true, you have to re-apply for a PR Card once you're back.

We still have no idea how long it should take but vaccine passports are here now and federal government is enforcing it in November: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ne-requirement-for-the-federal-workforce.html The problem is that most offices (especially government ) are still doing work from home.