PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

chella99

In spite of passage of considerable time after the change in status to Decision Made, (even after factoring Covid challenges, at least as I infer), I have not heard anything from the IRCC on either the despatch of my PR Card (renewal) nor any letter or intimation of instructions on what I should do next. My repeated webform enquiries are also being responded in a tangential manner without directly addressing what I am aksing for !! What can be done by me now ?

Is there anyway to know whether a renewed PR card is being posted by IRCC or the applicant is being aksed to present himself/herself personally ? Is there any cirteria being adopted by IRCC to choose a particular option ?

Would be thankful for the veiws...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I believe if your application goes to "secondary review" (or something like that?) then you can be pretty sure you're going to get called in for the interview.

chella99

If in the application status online it is mentioned that 'the file is transferred to a local office', does it mean that it will be subject to a more detailed scrutiny or investigation ??

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that's usually what that means.

Not always though. Sometimes it means they are just double-checking something in the application.

Unfortunately the only way you find out is if there is a long delay or they ask you to provide more information.

miq

my pr renewal status on decission made since 20th November 2020. I am also waiting for citizenship test earlier cancelled on 11th Feb 2020
because I was out side country and managed to come on 31july 2020 .informed ircc for my availability.applied for pr renewal.

tripleJ

Dear All,

I would be thankful for certain clarifications on my situation described below:

I had applied for my PR Card Renewal in May 2019, without fulfilling the residency obligation. After a long wait, just recently, I received the following email from the authorities:

Good day Chellamani Athazhawallur,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on your file and are pleased to inform you that your permanent resident card (PR card) has been approved.

Once the card issued, it is sometimes randomly selected in order for you to pick it up in person at an IRCC office. This random selection is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR card applications.

As your card has been selected for pick-up, rest assured that you will be informed of the date, time, location for pick-up, and of the type of documents you will be asked to bring with you in due time.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

Rest assured that you will be informed if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I would be thankful for the following clarifications:

• Does this mean that they have decided to renew my PR Card ?
  • Since I am outside Canada, Should I apply for a PRTD now, before receiving the email that they have said that they will send or wait for that email ?
  • Will I have problems in getting the PRTD, because of my unique situation?
  • Will I be allowed to travel without a PRTD, based on the email already received and about to be received ?
  • If I am allowed to travel one way or the other, will I face any questions or a sort of a hearing session, when I go to meet the authorities ?
  • Any other aspects are there, which are crucial and I have not taken into account ?
I would be very thankful for a valuable detailed response.

Chellamani
Just wondering where did you send your inquiry?
Is it through the IRCC website?
We have the same case, and I would like to get in touch with them.

tripleJ

I used the web form and was receiving replies.
Hi again.
I sent my inquiry about my case, similar to yours - not being able to meet residency obligation.
I received an "almost" system-generated reply, just reiterating that I have to meet the 730 days.

Just a little clarification:
1) In using the webmail of IRCC for your enquiry, did you choose Permanent Resident Card as Type of Inquiry?
Because it says there, anyone using that webmail should have submitted an application.

2) Does that mean you already submitted a Renewal Application when you received that reply already granting your card?

Thank you!

Moon

Dear All,

While I am awaiting some response to my earlier queries, I just thought of one more thing and would like to have some quick valuable feedback:

I am thinking of writing through the web form to the authorities to request them to send the card to my Canadian address, in view of the Covid 19 situation. Do you think that I can try this and how do you that this will work ? Or will any such request be treated offensive and will it affect my chances of renewal of the PR Card ?

Please assist me quickly with your replies.

Thanks and best regards,

Chellamani
Hello,

Is there any progress in your case. I am also facing same issue. I did not meet PR renewal residence obligation period of 730days. I applied for PR card renewal on basis of H&C in month of Feb2020 through an immigration lawyer in Canada because i am residing out of Canada. Ecas status of my case was changed to "decision made" in last week of Oct 2020. Since then, i did not receive any further communication from IRCC. Last month, i raised web form and received following reply from IRCC,

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on your file and are pleased to inform you that your permanent resident card (PR card) has been approved.

Once the card issued, it is sometimes randomly selected in order for you to pick it up in person at an IRCC office. This random selection is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR card applications.

As your card has been selected for pick-up, rest assured that you will be informed of the date, time, location for pick-up, and of the type of documents you will be asked to bring with you in due time.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry. "

I also need to apply for PRTD. Knowing progress in your case will give me an idea about timelines of expected events in my case.

Regards,

chella99

Hello,

Is there any progress in your case. I am also facing same issue. I did not meet PR renewal residence obligation period of 730days. I applied for PR card renewal on basis of H&C in month of Feb2020 through an immigration lawyer in Canada because i am residing out of Canada. Ecas status of my case was changed to "decision made" in last week of Oct 2020. Since then, i did not receive any further communication from IRCC. Last month, i raised web form and received following reply from IRCC,

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry. "

I also need to apply for PRTD. Knowing progress in your case will give me an idea about timelines of expected events in my case.

Regards,

Dear Moon,

Thanks for your enquiry. I am quite surprised but also understand how most likely IRCC works. This is because I wish to tell you that I received exactly the same letter and until now nothing further from IRCC. Let me also add that my application was submitted on May 1, 2019 and now it is going to be about 2 years.

What really puzzles and unsettles me is the the IRCC process/system of defining and informing. For eg., 'Decision Made' does not convey whether it is favourable or adverse. Also, as in your case, in my case also, the words 'your permanent resident card has been approved'. What I am unable to make out is does it mean that the decision is a favourable one or is subject to further enquieis, interviewes etc.or is the decision negative or is there any other possibility ?

May be yourself as well Riley Hans can explain and interpret this aforesaid email as to whether letter conveys a crystal clear approval for renewal or is it still not yet conveyed. Should we wait for a letter/email from IRCC or proceed to apply for the PRTD, if outside the country.

Also, do you both think that, if one makes a request (due to the pandemic) to send the renewed card to the address given, will IRCC accede to this request ??

Overall, the IRCc provess could have been more simpler and clear and not vague as it is now, in our cases !!

Thanks

Moon

This is a complicated situation. What does your lawyer say about applying for a PRTD?
Hi,

Thank you for your comments. My lawyer has advised me that once they receive IRCC official letter for PR card picking appointment date then they will initiate process for PRTD.

Regards,

Moon

Dear Moon,

Thanks for your enquiry. I am quite surprised but also understand how most likely IRCC works. This is because I wish to tell you that I received exactly the same letter and until now nothing further from IRCC. Let me also add that my application was submitted on May 1, 2019 and now it is going to be about 2 years.

What really puzzles and unsettles me is the the IRCC process/system of defining and informing. For eg., 'Decision Made' does not convey whether it is favourable or adverse. Also, as in your case, in my case also, the words 'your permanent resident card has been approved'. What I am unable to make out is does it mean that the decision is a favourable one or is subject to further enquieis, interviewes etc.or is the decision negative or is there any other possibility ?

May be yourself as well Riley Hans can explain and interpret this aforesaid email as to whether letter conveys a crystal clear approval for renewal or is it still not yet conveyed. Should we wait for a letter/email from IRCC or proceed to apply for the PRTD, if outside the country.

Also, do you both think that, if one makes a request (due to the pandemic) to send the renewed card to the address given, will IRCC accede to this request ??

Overall, the IRCc provess could have been more simpler and clear and not vague as it is now, in our cases !!

Thanks
Hi chella99,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I am not an expert but i think that statement "Your PR card has been approved" means they have accepted our circumstances for not complying residence obligation. In my case, I authorized my lawyer to communicate with IRCC through their email and mailing address by submitting use of representative form to IRCC, therefore, IRCC will not send my PR card to my lawyer address and they will book an appointment for me in to pick them in person. Due to COVID19 pandemic, IRCC local offices are working with limited capacity and our appointment for card picking may be in waiting que. Let's wait and see.

Please keep on posted progress in your case as i will also do periodically.

Regards,

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Thank you for your comments. My lawyer has advised me that once they receive IRCC official letter for PR card picking appointment date then they will initiate process for PRTD.

Regards,
That sounds like the right course of action to me.