PRTD AS CANADIAN RESIDENT CARD EXPIRED

STALIAN

I GOT PR IN 2012 ALONG WITH FAMILY ON BUSINESS INVESTMENT CATEGORY IN MB. I STARTED A TRANSPORT COMPANY IN CANADA AND AFTER THAT STARTED A SUBSIDARY IN INDIA, GOT GOVT BUSINESS AND CANADIAN COMPANY HAS 99% SHARE HOLDING IN SUBSIDARY. I SPENT 500 ODD DAYS OUT OF 730 DAYS OF REQUIREMENT FOR PR STATUS DUE TO THIS ABROAD BUSINESS. I APPLIED FOR PR RENEWAL IN DEC. BEFORE EXPIRE OF PR CARD WHILE IN CANADA AND NOW AGAIN TRAVELED ABROAD. PL. SUGGEST ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO ENTER IN CANADA WITHOUT PR CARD. STILL MY PR APPLICATION STATUS SHOWS : IN PROCESS.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You have two options:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Apply for a PRTD: This will take 2-3 weeks. You should be sure to include as much proof as you possibly can that you have met the residence requirement, because there is a danger here that if you do not include ample proof, your status will be revoked.
[*]Alternatively, you can fly to the US and drive into Canada with your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR). You should again be prepared to prove that you meet the residence requirement.
[/list]

Hope this helps.