Query regarding rejection of study permits

Neha Kulkarni

Hello,

I had a query regarding the reasons for rejection of study permits to Canada especially those related to the connection to home country or immigration status in country of residence.

My education and work history is as follows:
My parents came to Bahrain to work from India. I was born and raised in Bahrain and I studied in there until grade 10. However, grade 11 and 12 and my undergraduate degree was done from India. I am currently working in Bahrain and I have had no previous work experience in India.
My parents have stayed in Bahrain from the past 25 years but they own and maintain a few properties back in India. We have also been travelling to India for vacation for two-three months every year.

I am planning to apply for Masters in Canada for the winter intake of 2020 and I would like to know if there is a possibility of rejection of my study permit due to the above mentioned reasons.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, there's always a good chance of rejection, especially in a unique situation like yours. What you have to convey in the study permit application is that you have really strong reasons to return to either Bahrain or India. That can be tough in a situation like this, where there are potentially two countries.

I am just the webmaster, so I don't know for sure, but my guess would be you want to pick a country which you want to demonstrate ties to, and include documentation that proves those ties.