Question | I cannot provide the transcripts for 2018-2019

Panranadox

Hello to all forum contributors!

I've received an email from CIC asking me to provide additional school transcripts form January 2018 and September 2019.
Let me give you some context, I arrived to Canada to study computers at GBC at 2015 on a study permit.

I decided to switch programs to culinary, at 2018. So I stopped my studies and stayed on behalf of the ETA until my second study permit was approved at 2019, and I attended the culinary program from September 2019 and graduated with honours on April 2020
Now I applied to the Post graduation work permit, provided all the documents and transcripts, yet I still received an email stating that "Please submit transcripts for studies taken between January 2018 and September 2019".

It is impossible for me to provide the transcript for that time period since I did not attend school at the time.
I do have all of the transcripts for September 2015 until January 2018.

I am only seeking the PGWP, for the time spent in the culinary program (8 Months).

The Email mentioned that I should write a letter, stating the reasons I cannot submit the document that's requested.
What should I emphasis in the letter?
How should I explain my situation?
If I don't provide the said documents, how can it affect my application?
Is there a school document that I can request stating that I did not attend school in said time period?

Thank you for the helpful advices,
have a blessed day.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say you should explain exactly what happened in detail.

However, the issue you may encounter is if you were in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months between when you left the computer program in 2018 and joined the culinary program in 2019. How long was this period? Did you leave Canada during this time?

Panranadox

I'd say you should explain exactly what happened in detail.

However, the issue you may encounter is if you were in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months between when you left the computer program in 2018 and joined the culinary program in 2019. How long was this period? Did you leave Canada during this time?
Thank you so much for the reply!
I did not leave Canada at all at that period. The period was essentially from January 2018 until August 2019 when my second student visa was approved. It's important to note that I applied from within Canada for the second visa, while my ETA was valid.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The ETA validity is not in question. The issue is what was your status in Canada. When did your first study permit expire?