Questions about Application

faris937

Hi, so I have a few questions I was wondering about if maybe you guys could help me. First, I am applying for criminal rehabilitation. It has been over 5 years since the end of my probation and this is the only arrest and conviction on my record. I was convicted of a DWI and had the other 3 charges from the stop dropped. They are misdemeanor drug posession and paraphenalia charges that were dropped. First question is, if these charges show up on the FBI and state background checks (USA), do I need to mention them in the application even though they were not convictions? And I know for a fact I had these charges but a recent employment background check only showed the dwi conviction and a charge for drinking under 21 that was dropped but didn't show any of the drug charges. I am guessing I should still mention these drug charges even if they dont show up in the FBI and state check or would it be unneccessary since they are not on the background checks? Second question, for the FBI and state background checks, they have options for sealed certified copies which I will order but I was wondering if I have to keep the checks sealed in the envelope or am I allowed to open them and look at them and just send them not sealed in the envelope with my application. Sorry for the long post, thanks.

faris937

Another question I just thought about, I noticed that it asks to lay out the charges, their statute, etc... I use the statute from the US criminal code correct? I'm looking for statutes for Canada and I can't find any, I am guessing Canada immigration will take the statute number i give from the US criminal code and convert it themselves? Thanks for any help I receive, its much appreciated.