Regarding work visa by SUV programm

tabs

Can anybody suggest that whether we should apply for work visa of canada under SUV programm ,as we got letter of support or should we directly apply for PR only.Suggest what should be prudent?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you got a letter of support for your project from an eligible organization then you should get your work permit too, because you may be able to come here sooner.

tabs

Thanks Riley.Can you also suggest what documents we should keep ready before applying for work visa and PR through SUV programm.

Nasi

I have applied for the startup visa program and send our team PR documents and delivered on in Jan of 2021. Moreover, we registered a company in Canada last month. Now, we are going to apply for a "work permit" but we are confused about the process. Apparently, the process explained on the website seems vague for startups like us. The process asks us items like "Employment reference letter", "Letter from current employer", "Employer records", and "employer contract", While we have just established our company in Canada for one month and we do not know that we have to mention our startup company as the subject for these documents or not? Are these specific documents are essential for startup visa work permit application?
Please guide us to the correct process.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I'm sorry to say I don't know the answer to your question. My guesses:
  • "employment reference letter" - I guess this would be from your new corporation
  • "letter from current employer" - from your new corporation, I should think
  • "employer records" - I have no idea if this would be from the new corporation to show that they have employed people (or not) or from your previous employers
  • "employer contract" I believe this would be for the current corporation.
But I can see where the confusion lies. I really have no idea.

You can try calling IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 to see if they can clarify which employer these should come from but you will have trouble getting through because that's the case in normal times. (During the pandemic it's likely much harder.)

The alternative is to find a consultant (RCIC) or lawyer who specializes in start up visas as they will know the answer. This is probably the best option.

emmapredovic

I submitted our team's PR paperwork and filed for the startup visa program. It will be delivered in January 2021. We also recently registered a firm in Canada. We are about to apply for a "work permit," but we don't understand the procedure. For companies like us, the procedure described on the website appears hazy. Elements like "Employment reference letter," "Letter from present employer," "Employer records," and "Employer contract" are among the items the application procedure asks for. While we have only been operating in Canada for one month, how do we know whether or not to include the subject of our starting company in these documents? Are these particular documents required when applying for a startup visa or work permit?

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
I personally struggled through similar questions before applying for Canada Startup Visa Program. After having successfully applied, I have written complete steps which probably answers all the questions on this thread. You can read about it here Steps to Apply for Canada Startup Visa
Or you can just go here to the official page that talks about this strange requirement that IRCC is unfortunately imposing on entrepreneurs coming to Canada under the Start-up Visa program.